Thursday 3 September 2009

The day before the day before arrival.....

OK so today is Thursday and this is my first practice blog, well I need to get the hang of it before I enter the new exciting adventure.. Looking at the weather forecast my Iphone shows thunder and lighting over Dehradun, this is to be expected I guess as its monsoon season. During my nightmare full on run around London for the entry Visa I was reassured by an older Indian gentleman that the weather will be monsoon and rainy until the 15th of September. Well I hope that's true as I have packed (well Louise has packed) shorts and T-shirts, if this old codger was wrong Ill spend months hunting him down in London. Having said that I have done research and have been nearly convinced that clothing is so cheap in India I don't need to pack any. But nearly convinced means I'll only pack 25KG of clothing :P.
I'm leaving home tomorrow at 4pm(Friday) and in true Steve style I have not yet received my anti-malaria meds or my other meds I have ordered from the Internet. But all is not lost as I have discovered that Gin & Tonic was invented by us clever Brits during the occupation of India. The quinine in the tonic water was actually the earliest ant-malaria medication, so if I don't get my meds in time there is a fix!! Mind you the shear quantity of Gin & Tonic needed is quite substantial so the course might take a bit of a slurred hit.
Well that's all for now, more packing and last minute stuff to get on with. Ill try to keep this up to date and post pictures (I intend to take lots of pics).

Steve

3 comments:

  1. Erm arn't you supposed to have all your jabs like 3 months before just incase you have a bad reaction?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the trip, make sure you drink enough G&T! :D

    ReplyDelete